Friday, September 16, 2011

Delivery Day Coming Up Tomorrow!

 With fresh fruits and vegetables having been delivered by Caputo’s, HSP is excited about tomorrow’s delivery day. clip_image002[4]

Each of the 120 seniors will receive approximately 90 pounds of groceries, including fresh produce based on the senior’s individual preferences, assortment of breads, frozen meats, and non-perishables.

This service has made such an impact on my life! Before this program, there were many times that I would go hungry. The food that I get from HSP allows me to meet my diabetic needs. I get everything that I need!”  

~Ali, a senior.

HSP goes beyond delivering groceries to the seniors. Tomorrow, gifts from Secret Pals are going out to each of the seniors in our Senior Citizen Project. These gifts have been purchased and donated by kind people for the senior they secretly chose to help.

clip_image004(Secret Pal room full of gifts for the seniors)

Thank you to our delivery day drivers, to the Secret Pals, and to everyone who makes a difference in our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment