Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Comforting Delivery


Comfort Keepers, a non-medical homecare service, comes by HSP every month to drop off food. Today, they made their monthly stop and brought a donation of 113 pounds of food!

These are just some of the items they brought:

· Rice

· Macaroni and cheese

· Spaghetti

· Over the counter medications

· Cereal

· Mashed potatoes

· Beans

· Peanut butter

· Canned foods

· Spices

· Baking ingredients

· Treats

These items will go to seniors and families in need in DuPage & Kane Counties. This food is a big deal for the impoverished people we serve.

“You all have the greatest program in the world. I couldn’t ask God for a better program, it’s truly a blessing from heaven. Now that I’m able to eat better, my health has really improved and I can feel I’m getting stronger.” -- A senior enrolled in our program.

No comments:

Post a Comment