Friday, April 22, 2011

Computer Monitors Needed

HSP is in need of 3 computer monitors, one flat screen and two normal size monitors. These will be donated to seniors in our Senior Citizen Project. So far this year we have delivered and set up 9 computers. We have loyal volunteers who will update the computers at HSP and then deliver them to the senior’s home where the computer is then set up. The seniors are always so overjoyed when they hear they will be receiving a computer. It really makes a difference in their lives.

Each senior that asks for a computer receives a tower, monitor, keyboard and mouse. If needed, they can also receive a power strip. Sometimes they only need the monitor and tower.

One senior, Ruth, received a computer and she says:

“I am enjoying it very much. I will be taking a computer class in a few
weeks, then I can learn how to enjoy it even more. I have brothers and
sisters all over the country. Now I can stay in contact with them.”

Another senior, Addie says:

“Having a computer makes me happy. I use it a lot. I go on Facebook
and play games. I also send my family a holiday greeting.”




No comments:

Post a Comment