Monday, March 28, 2011

Secret Pals Needed!


Here at HSP, we’ve been happy to enroll more seniors and expand our Senior Citizen Project program. We know these seniors desperately need our help and are so grateful to get it. But the addition of more seniors means we need more Secret Pals!

In addition to the groceries, paper products, and personal hygiene products seniors need, we also like to give them something they want. After all, these seniors are in serious poverty and we know if they can’t even cover their needs, they definitely don’t get to treat themselves.

Secret Pals buy a senior something they want each month for $5 - $25. The cost is little, but the result is big. Our seniors are so grateful and blessed by the gifts they receive.

“My Secret Pal is just unbelievable!” one senior said. “She gives me so much! I always get a gift card for Walmart, which helps so much with vitamins and over-the-counter medicines. She gives me stamps, magazines, stationary – it’s amazing!”

“I love my secret pal gifts!” another senior told us. “I’m 77 years old and I’ve never had a secret pal in my life. It’s so nice.”

A little goes a long way to improve the life of a senior. If you or anyone you know might be interested in becoming a Secret Pal, contact us at:

hsp@humanitarianservice.org or 630-221-8340.

No comments:

Post a Comment