Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Secret Pals Needed!


We have recently been able to enroll some new seniors in our Senior Citizen Project. We are so happy to be able to help more seniors, but that means we need more Secret Pals!

Secret Pals buy a senior something they want or need each month for $5 - $25. The cost is little, but the result is big. Our seniors are extremely grateful and blessed by the gifts they receive. It is something they truly look forward to each month. They get so excited to find out what their Secret Pal got them!

One of our seniors, Judi, shared how much she loves the Secret Pal program. “Those gifts mean so much to me,” she says. “Once I got some gift cards and they were so terrific. It was a real treat to be able to shop for myself. I was so excited; I was like a little kid in a toy store! I walked down each aisle once to look at everything and then made a second round to choose my items. I know it sounds silly, but it was really special for me.”

“I love my secret pal gifts!” said another senior. “I’m 77 years old and I’ve never had a secret pal in my life. It’s so nice.”

A little goes a long way to improve the life of a senior. If you or anyone you know might be interested in becoming a Secret Pal, contact us at:

scp@humanitarianservice.org or 630-221-8340

No comments:

Post a Comment