Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gratitude

Lately, our interns have been calling the seniors enrolled in our Senior Citizen Project program to interview them about how they’ve been doing in the last year and how HSP has helped them.

The genuine gratitude and positive attitude of these seniors, all of which struggle every day with serious financial and medical issues, is simply inspiring. We just wanted to share some of the things these gracious seniors have said.

“I’m so joyful and appreciative of everyone involved with HSP,” Mary, 61, told us. “It’s made a difference in so many ways; I can’t even begin to tell you. The biggest effect is in my heart. I’ve always had faith but you’ve just made it more abundant. I’m amazed at all the wonderful people; you’ve given me so much.” Mary’s been in the SCP program 1 year.

81-year-old Shirley said, “Your service has made a 100% difference in my life. I depend on it, on everything you give me. I don’t know what I’d do without it.” Shirley has been in the SCP program for 4 years.

“It (HSP’s service) makes me feel humble. I’m not used to people doing things like that for me. It makes me want to cry because people are so nice to me,” said Lucille, 71, who has been with us for 3 years.

Helen, 77, told us, “You people are wonderful. Every delivery is like Christmas; I get so excited and can’t wait to go through all of it. And I love my secret pal gifts! I’m 77 years old and I’ve never had a secret pal in my life,” she laughed, “It’s so nice.” Helen has been enrolled in the SCP program for 6 years.

These are just a few of the many kind things our seniors have said. It’s inspiring to know just how much the program helps these seniors, and just how truly thankful they are.

HSP should be very proud of the quality work they’re doing,” said Marilyn, 82. And we certainly are!

No comments:

Post a Comment