Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Quick Update

By Karleen Hubbard
HSP Intern

We are beginning to get busy with food drives coming in, and we appreciate the continual support of our volunteers. Keep crankin' away at those non-perishables!

I also wanted to say a quick thank you to the awesome Student Council at Gregory Middle School in Naperville. I had a blast speaking to the students at my Alma Matter about ways they can help out at HSP and answer some of their questions. While I was there, they presented me with an amazing donation of toys, games, and gift cards. They were very considerate as to purchase less frequently given gifts (like sports equipment and gifts for older children).

Check out their collection!




It is always a joy to experience kids helping other kids, especially when they are so enthusiastic about it! When I got back to HSP, Nikki told me that we have sent over school supplies to Gregory students in need. What a great way for the kids of Gregory to give back to their peers and neighbors! Thanks again, guys!

A "how to help" update is headed your way soon, but in the meantime, please contact us if you are able to help out by holding a food or toy drive for the holiday season.

Karleen & The HSP Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment