Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nice to meet you, the pleasure is all mine.


Written by George Hofmann, Patron Relations Coordinator, Humanitarian Service Project

Dear HSP blog readers,

I would like to happily introduce myself as the newest member of the Humanitarian Service Project team. I am absolutely delighted to be a part of this wonderful organization. As the new Patron Relations Coordinator I will be working hard to sustain existing relationships and to engage new constituents in this crucial effort to alleviate the hardships of the underprivileged members of our community.

I was 17 when I coordinated my first service project. In my hometown at the First Congregational Church of Downers Grove I put on a benefit concert for my Eagle Scout Project and raised non-perishable food items for the local FISH Food Pantry. The success of this event overjoyed me because I personally knew many of the individuals who would benefit from it.

Since then I have always had a passion for helping low income individuals and families. At the Vineyard Church of Downers Grove under the supervision of one of my most favorite friends, former Pastor George Polcaster, I organized a small group to make weekly visits and befriend clients of a neighborhood PADS shelter.

I graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago with a Bachelors degree in Anthropology and a burning desire to work for a practical and influential non-profit organization. I obtained a position at the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago as a Donor Relations volunteer and was then promoted to Development Operations Intern.

With this experience I am beginning my career at Humanitarian Service Project and I can't tell you how excited I am to grow in this organization and to be a part of the amazing work that Karole Kettering started in her living room 30 years ago. I can't thank her enough for this opportunity and I look forward to meeting all of you. Thanks for reading the blog, come back soon to see what we're up to. Also check out our facebook page and become a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment