Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What I Gained from My Internship at HSP

I truly enjoyed my time at the Humanitarian Service Project. I learned a lot about what goes on in the workplace. I was able to interact with many people and this helped me strengthen my communication skills. I interviewed seniors for the senior updates and this was a fun task. I was able to work on my phone interviewing skills and I liked talking to the seniors. They were always very friendly and easy to talk to.

I found that working in an office setting is a good work setting for me. It allows you to work as a team. But, everyone has their own assignments so you are able to maintain your independence as well. I got to know the staff pretty well and they taught me a lot about life and work.

I appreciated the opportunity to help out those in need. I was amazed at how much space HSP had. The warehouse is huge and always full of donations. I was impressed by how dedicated the volunteers were. They were always ready to help. I was also impressed by how easy companies and people throughout the community were willing to donate items to HSP.

I liked how HSP helps children and seniors and their programs do make a significant difference in the lives of those they work with. Many seniors that I spoke with were very grateful that HSP was a part of their lives. The children were always so excited to get their new gifts, as told by the parents who came in to pick up the Birthday Boxes.

I will never forget my time spent at HSP and want to thank everyone for being so welcoming and willing to teach me about the work that is done at HSP!


No comments:

Post a Comment