Friday, August 6, 2010

Letter of Success from Coordinator of Back to School Fair!!

I wanted to let you know that I am so happy to end my work at the ROE on such a high note.  The last two days have been absolutely magical!!!!   As every year the following day ends up very emotional for me as I reflect on just what was accomplished. When Humanitarian Service Project van pulled up and unloaded the boxes of supplies it wasn't until about an hour later that I realized that there was such a huge quantity of backpacks that you had just dropped off.  I estimated close to 800!!!!!  Oh my!!!!!  With your help we were able to supply EVERY elementary child with a backpack!!!!!   Over 2,200 children beamed as we handed them their backpacks excited to be returning back to school.  That is huge!!!!  It is a goal I always wanted to accomplish and we did it!!!!!   AMAZING!!!!!!  We thank you so much for your help and support.  It has been a wonderful partnership.  I am now officially retired, but I wanted you to know that in the future you may call Olga Rammer at the Regional Office of Education.  She will be the contact for future Back to School Supply Drives.  Her contact information is orammer@dupage.k12.il.us and her phone number is 630-407-5771.  As always it has been wonderful working with you and I hope that in the future I will be able to repay you with opportunities of volunteering at HSP.
THANK YOU!
Cindy Langemack

8-3-10 009 8-3-10 012 8-3-10 013

We are happy with the great success of the DuPage County Back to School Fair!  However, because the majority of our school supplies have been donated to the school fair, HSP is currently in need of more school supplies to restock our supply.  We will be accepting them throughout August and into September. 

Help us provide our children with the supplies they need to succeed in this upcoming school year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment