Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rotary Club of Darien Makes a Difference

by Sheila Noblitt, HSP Staff
Thanks to the Rotary Club of Darien for the kind hospitality the members showed me today. I was at their weekly Tuesday lunch meeting at Argonne National Lab to update them on their seniors and the programs the club helps Humanitarian Service Project with. They have been HSP supporters for at least 10 years now. We have two seniors in Darien and surprisingly when I returned back to the office, Sarah, our Senior Citizen Project Coordinator shared a thank you from one of the seniors the Rotary Club of Darien sponsors.

Here is Betty S.'s thank you:

All of you,
I can't really tell you how much you are appreciated. You have helped me more than you'll ever know. I love angels and that's what all of you all. My Secret Pal is a great one. Hope all of you had a great Mother's Day--mother or not. Our Lord is watching over you. My love and prayers tell me so. Betty.

Without groups and sponsors for the 120 seniors in our Senior Citizen Project, Betty would be a little more alone in this world. The first sentence on her update reads: "Sometime, life doesn't turn out the way that we thought it might. . . Sometimes, we all need a little bit of help." We are glad to be there for Betty and all of the seniors in our program. We wish we could help more--there are certainly many on our waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment